iOptron SkyTracker Pro Camera Mount BLACK with Polar Scope
- All metal structure with ABS covers
- Attaches to a camera tripod with 3/8” or 1/4” threads
- Accepts cameras weighing up to 3 kg (6.6 lbs)
- Silent tracking for smooth camera motion, perfect for long-term exposures
- Detachable alt-azi base with fine latitude and azimuth adjusters for easy polar alignment
- Reversible mounting post for both 3/8” and 1/4” threaded ball head mounting
- Includes iOptron AccuAlignTM dark-field illuminated polar scope
- Adjustable polar scope illumination with eight brightness levels
- 4 tracking speed (1X, 1/2X, solar and lunar). 1X celestial tracking for imaging the sky and stars;
- 1/2X tracking speed for imaging both the starry night and the landscapes at the same time
- Quick slew (180X max.) for camera framing adjustment
- Operation in both northern and southern Hemisphere
- Built-in rechargeable battery with Micro USB port for power and charging
- Upto 24 hours of operation (20°C)
- 1/4″ – 3/8” thread converter included
- Padded carry bag included
- Optional ball head sold separately
- Optional Tripod sold separately
- Optional counter weight available sold separately
- SkyTrackerTM Pro camera mount
- Alt-azi base (installed)
- AccuAlignTM dark field illuminated polar scope
- Brass 3/8” and 1/4” threaded ball head mounting post (installed)
- Padded carry bag
- Micro USB charging cable
- One Year Limited Warranty (90 days on battery)
iOptron SkyTracker Pro Camera Mount with Polar Scope - BLACK
iOptron Skytracker Pro star tracking mount with Polar scope. Great mount for widefield astrophotography, milky way photography with a standard camera and standard wide lens or add a counter weight sold separately for use with larger lenses and small telescopes.
Note this is he Black SkyTracker Pro - pics for illustration.
Upgraded from SkyTrackerTM, the Pro is more compact, small enough to fit on your palm, better precision, silent tracking, it even has a built-in rechargeable power source that runs for up to 24 hours of continuous operation. The improved precision polar scope maintains a fine engraved reticule, now features adjustable illumination with eight brightness levels. Using with our smart phone app, quick and accurate polar alignment is just a joy.
The SkyTrackerTM Pro features four tracking rates, 1X or sidereal, 1/2X for sky and landscape, solar and lunar. All 4 tracking rates work in both northern and southern hemispheres. We have also added a quick slew mode with both forward and reverse to help quickly reframing your image without disrupting the cameras position.
We have made big improvements on the SkyTrackerTM Pro’s removable alt-azimuth base, which features a precision bubble level, degree markings for the altitude and a built in post for the azimuth control. You can also mount the SkyTrackerTM Pro head (without the base) directly to any standard photographic tripod with 1/4” or 3/8” threads. The SkyTrackerTM Pro is certainly a must have tool for any photographer interested in astroscape or wide field astrophotography.
If you need a ball head to go with this mount please take a look at the IOptron Ball head here