iOptron SkyGuider PRO kit
- All metal mechanical structure
- Attaches to a camera tripod with 3/8” or 1/4” threads
- Payload 11 lbs (5kg) (balanced, with DEC mounting bracket, exclude CW)
- Silent tracking for smooth camera motion, perfect for long-term exposures
- Detachable alt-azi base with fine latitude and azimuth adjusters for easy polar alignment
- Includes iOptron AccuAlignTM dark-field illuminated polar scope
- Adjustable polar scope illumination
- 4 tracking speed (1X, 1/2X, solar and lunar). 1X celestial tracking for imaging the sky and stars;
- 1/2X tracking speed for imaging both the starry night and the landscapes at the same time
- Operation in both northern and southern hemisphere
- Quick slew (144X) for camera framing adjustment
- Built-in rechargeable battery for up to 20 hours of operation (20°C)
- Built-in ST-4 autoguiding port
- HBX port for external hand controller
- Micro USB port for power, charging and firmware upgrade
- Built-in shutter triggering port
- Padded carry bag included
- DEC mounting bracket
- Counterweight and CW shaft
- Vixen dovetail saddle for scope mounting
- Optional ball heads available separately
- Optional tripod
- Optional Go2Nova® 8408 hand controller (#8408)
- Optional DSLR camera shutter trigger cable
- SkyGuiderTM Pro camera mount
- Alt-azi base (installed)
- AccuAlignTM dark field illuminated polar scope (installed)
- Micro USB charging cable
- Padded carry bag
- DEC mounting bracket w/ camera mounting disk
- 1.35kg counterweight
- CW shaft
- One Year Limited Warranty (90 day on battery)
iOptron SkyGuider Pro kit -
The iOptron SkyGuider pro is a small tracking mount for astro photography, it allows long exposures without star trailing for deep space and wide field astro photography with a camera and lens or small telescope. The included counter weight allows for the use of larger set ups such as dslr and 70-200 f2.8 lenses or an attached small telescope.
Great for targeting subjects such as the Carina nebula, Southern cross, Lagoon and triffid nebula or just the core of the milky way for composites and blends. A small star tracking mount like the iOptron SkyGuider Pro opens up a whole new world of possibility for your astro and Nightscape photography.
This mount will work fine on most sturdy tripods.
The redesigned SkyGuider Pro mount head is more compact, small enough to fit on your palm, better precision, silent tracking, built-in rechargeable power source, ST-4 guiding port and camera trigger port. The improved precision polar scope maintains a fine engraved reticule, now features adjustable illumination with different brightness levels. Using with our iOS app, quick and accurate polar alignment is just a joy. The DEC mounting bracket allows you to balance a heavy camera and/or lens better, or even mount a light telescope. The optional 8408 hand controller allows you to check the Pole Star position for the polar alignment, slew the mount, adjust the guiding rate, change the mount settings and control the camera trigger.
The SkyGuider Pro features four tracking rates, 1X or sidereal, 1/2X for sky and landscape combined, solar and lunar. All 4 tracking rates work in both northern and southern hemispheres. We have also added a quick slew mode with both forward and reverse to help quickly reframing your image without disrupting the cameras position.
We have made big improvements on the SkyGuider Pro’s removable alt-azimuth base, which features a precision bubble level, degree markings for the altitude and a built in post for the azimuth control. You can also mount the SkyGuiderTM Pro head (without the base) directly to any standard photographic tripod with 1/4” or 3/8” threads.
The DEC mounting bracket package, which includes DEC mounting bracket, counterweight shaft, counterweight and Vixen-type dovetail saddle, makes the SkyGuide Pro mount suitable for a heavier camera/lens system, even a lightweight telescope.
The SkyGuider Pro is certainly a must have tool for any photographer interested in astroscape or wide field astrophotography.
Note - camera and tripod not included.
If you need a ball head to go with this mint please take a look at the IOptron model we stock here